Omohyoid Muscle Trapezius Muscle Masseter Muscle Orbicularis Oris Muscle Mentalis Muscle Depressor Labii Inferioris Muscle Depressor Anguli Oris Muscle Buccinator Muscle Zygomaticus Major Muscle Zygomaticus Minor Muscle Levator Labii Superioris Muscle Temporal Muscle Orbicularis Oculi Muscle Sternocleidomastoid Muscle Frontalis Muscle
Orbicularis Oris Muscle
TRUCTURE AND POSITION
- Orbicularis Oris is a skeletal muscle with fibres divided into four quadrants which interlace with each other.
- It surrounds the mouth around its opening.
- Origin : Orbicularis Oris arises from the Maxilla and Mandible bone along the 2nd superior and inferior Incisor teeth. Some of it arises from the angle of the mouth.
- It runs from both sides towards the opposite side forming a circle around the lips.
- Insertion : Orbicularis Oris Muscle fibres from the opposite sides meet each other along the midline between nose and lips and merge with the skin.
Orbicularis Oris is supplied by the Superior and Inferior Labial Branches of the Facial Artery.
Orbicularis Oris is innervated by the fibres from Facial Nerve.
- Orbicularis Oris has several complex actions as it modifies the movements of other Facial Muscles attached to it.
- Orbicularis Oris also compresses and pukers the Lips together.